Contract Duration: 12 Months (Extendable)
Organizational context: The post is based in Beirut Country Office (CO). The incumbent reports to the Head of Vulnerability, Assessment, and Mapping (VAM) under the direct supervision of the VAM officer.
Job Purpose: To associate in overseeing the Lebanon Country Office beneficiary analysis as part of the overall VAM activities.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
With the delegated authority of the Head of Vulnerability, Analysis, and Mapping (VAM) and the direct supervision of the VAM officer, the VAM Programme Associate will be responsible for the below:
- Support the development of data collection tools for the assessments and targeting of food and basic assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practices (ODK, MODA, SurveyCTO, etc.).
- Support in training the different WFP staff, partners, and service providers on data collection tools.
- Support in ensuring high data quality including data collection quality checks and close follow-up.
- Support in developing syntax for the different required data analysis activities (mobile data collection, economic and vulnerability assessment, essential needs assessment, food security assessment, and secondary data analysis).
- Support in cleaning, organizing, and managing the data from different targeting and assessment activities.
- Support in database back-end development including compiling, storing, and managing data.
- Support in front-end web development including building data visualization platforms.
- Support the capacity building for the government entities, partners, and private firms involved in VAM-related data collection and analysis activities.
- Support in attending internal and external data-related meetings and feedback.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Well-organized and flexible with proven ability to interact with a multicultural environment, and ability to provide demonstrated technical assistance in areas of primary and secondary data analysis.
Ability to resolve operational and data collection/quality problems with accuracy under time constraints and pressure; to deal patiently and tactfully with staff members and others.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Completion of Secondary School Education. University Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Food Security, and other related fields
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible work experience in data analysis including at least three years of experience in primary and secondary data analysis, assessment, statistics, or other related fields.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English. Fluency in French is an advantage.
Desired Experiences for entry into the role:
- At least five years of progressively responsible work experience including at least three years of experience in primary and secondary data analysis, assessment, statistics, or other related fields.
- Experience in the analysis of quantitative survey data.
- Experience using statistical software (Python, R, SPSS, STATA).
- Experienced user of Electronic Data Collection Software (ODK, MODA, SurveyCTO, etc.).
- Experienced user of visualization software (Python, R, Power Bi, Tableau).
- Willingness to undertake field visits and interact with different stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good understanding of humanitarian principles is required.
- Medium to Advanced Database Knowledge (SQL, Django).
- Good reporting skills are desirable.
- Job Location
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies