Business Support Assistant Programme (Chakki Fortification Project) will ensure timely support in implementation of all field activities to effectively meet the operational needs of the chakki flour fortification through small scale mills (Chakki).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
2. Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff.
4. Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
5. Make travel arrangements and support events, etc., to support staff to work effectively.
6. Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
7. Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available for the business team.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
8. Monitor all chakki flour fortification related activities including maintaining coordination with the supervisor and WFP project team.
9. Assist in capacity building activities for selected chakki mill staff, food inspectors, food safety officers, LHWs, lab staff and district focal persons on fortification, quality assurance and quality control processes to promote sustainable and adequate/effective fortification process of chakki flour.
10. Assist in providing timely and adequate support to chakki flour fortification, installation of micro- feeders, its calibration and setting flow rate of premix as per standards prescribed by Pakistan standard and Quality control authority and PFA regulations.
11. Closely monitor the selected chakki mills to ensure that there is uninterrupted supply of premix to these chakki mills within allocated territory according to their requirements and perform timely coordination with the supervisor and project team.
12. Ensure timely and smooth supply of iron Spot test kits to chakki Mills and food inspectors for monitoring of fortification compliance at production, market and household level.
13. Collect samples of fortified chakki flour from the selected chakki mills on regular basis and ensure its receipt at identified labs as per experimental design
14. Notify the district Food Fortification Committee of monthly meetings.
15. Provide social mobilization support and raise awareness in consumers.
16. Support market and house-Hold surveys to monitor availability of adequately fortified chakki flour and ensure compliance keeping close coordination with the project team.
17. Assist project team in coordination measures with district government authorities for awareness raising activities at district level to generate demand in coordination with designed organization/agency as per directives.
18. Prepare and submit daily and monthly project plans and reports to Supervisor
19. Identify issues and bottlenecks related to chakki flour fortification activities in the field for timely sharing with the supervisor.
20. Perform other duties as and when required/assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education: Completion of higher secondary school certificate, preferably supported by a university degree in Business Administration, Sociology, Nutrition or other relevant field.
Experience: 2 to 3 years of experience in projects related to Fortification or more years of progressively responsible/relevant work experience required.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
• Knowledge of standardised business support work routines and methods.
• Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
• Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
• Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
- Job Location
- Rawalpindi, Pakistan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies