The Driver Light Vehicles is responsible to transport people and goods in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations and national traffic laws. The qualified candidate should have a valid public driving license (at least: 3.5 tons) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position, including 2 years at an I/NGO.
Objectives and Tasks:
Transport people and goods in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations and national traffic laws (100%)
- Drives light vehicles to transport people and/or material in strict adherence to internal security rules and national traffic laws.
- Constantly monitors security conditions on the road.
- Ensures that goods are stored inside the vehicle according to local, international and ICRC safety standards (attachment and distribution of goods, etc.).
- Checks their assigned vehicle(s)’ equipment, general functioning and body condition and ensures that it is kept fueled and clean inside and out.
- Checks that trips have been authorized where necessary.
- Immediately reports accidents, defects and/or missing equipment to management.
- Can act as head of convoy as needed (in charge of the driver(s), application of security rules and timeframe for the convoy).
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments.
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position.
- Collects and shares information to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses.
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image.
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct.
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times.
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times.
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers.
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC.
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Job Location: Zahle, Lebanon
Working Schedule: Monday till Friday, from 8 Am till 5 Pm.
Contract Type: Determined Period, 1 Year.
Salary Package: 1213 – 1850 USD/Month (As per ICRC salary scale, salary setting processes will determine fair setting in coherence with the qualifications of the applicant and the requirements of the job).
Opening Date: 24.01.2023
Closing Date: 06.02.2023
Years of experience required: At least 5 years of experience in a similar position, including 2 years at an I/NGO.
Level of education: High School Diploma (Brevet/Baccalaureate). Trainings and certifications related to car repair and maintenance, in addition to security and safety is an asset.
Field of education: N/A
Languages: Native proficiency in Arabic, and professional working proficiency in English.
Computer Literacy: Basic computer skills.
- Leadership: Basic
- Accountability: Advanced
- People management: Basic
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Advanced.
- Representing the ICRC: Advanced.
- Beneficiary & Client focused: Expert.
- Vehicle Operation and Control: Advanced.
- Knowledge of the Geographically Assigned Environment (Bekaa): Advanced.
- Knowledge for Policies and Procedures as well as Driving Laws in Lebanon: Advanced.
- Knowledgeable of Traffic Awareness and Road Safety Procedures: Advanced.
- Familiarity with Eco-Safe Driving Styles: Advanced.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Expert.
- Job Location
- Zahle, Lebanon
- Company Industry
- International Humanitarian Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Logistics and Transportation
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies