Head of Finished Vehicle | Logistics | Al Futtaim Logistics
Overview of the role
We are currently looking for Head of Finished Vehicle Logistics, this role will ensure the profitability and growth of the Finished Vehicle Logistics Divisions through efficient and effective management, strong proactive leadership, strong Employee Engagement and Key Customer interaction. Responsible for all the operational and financial performance of the Finished Vehicle Logistics Department of Al Futtaim Logistics, Dubai and Abu Dhabi – ensuring P&L net contribution as per budget. The role is responsible for developing and maintaining customer and stake holders’ relations
What you will do
– The role is a specialist function and is limited in the market. Job Holder should oversee the entire operations and financial performance of the Finished Vehicle Logistics Department within Al Futtaim Logistics for Dubai and Abu Dhabi
– Accountable for the growth, success, and operational/financial results of Finished Vehicle Logistics.
– Fully responsible for bringing new third party business to each business unit
– To increase the % third party business vs intercompany business
– Actively define and participate in the yearly planning to ensure daily, weekly, and monthly targets are achieved as set out in the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
– Responsible of BU P&L and Budget to monitor progress and control cost within the Sector
– Develop Operating Plans and ensure targets have been achieved through regular review
– Report Monthly KPI’s & Financials to the Management/Customer
– Developing SOPs to maintain a clear and transparent system processes
– Maximize the use of SAP to ensure smooth, on-time and auditable order generation, invoicing and distribution
– Review regularly statistical reports concerning the customer, competition, and the market coverage/share.
– Act as a point of first contact for the customer for all contracts in the BU to maximize communication & action between all parties in the supply chain so as to maximize final service delivery to the client.
Required skills to be successful
– Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree in Economics / Engineering and master’s degree in Business Administration
– Experience: Minimum 8 years managerial experience in a transport/automotive environment
– Job-Specific Skills: Knowledge of GCC road networks and operations, Fleet Management, Pre-delivery Inspection of the new vehicles, routing, and scheduling.
– Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
About the team
The role will report to the Managing Director, and you will be managing a team of 250 employee with 7 direct reports covering both Dubai and Abu Dhabi Logistic Centers.
What equips you for the role
Knowledge of GCC road networks and operations, Fleet Management, Pre-delivery Inspection of the new vehicles, routing, and scheduling.
- Job Location
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies