Information Communication Technology (ICT) Teacher (Secondary School)
- In conjunction with classroom teachers, the ICT teacher should cooperatively plan lessons and team-teach skills that enhance the learning and teaching of the classroom program.
- Understands and applies the developmental stages of learning
- In conjunction with other ICT Integration Teachers, develops activities and resource materials for use with classroom teachers and students. /Users/ryankarr/Desktop/Job_ICTeacher.docx
- Assists Curriculum Coordinators, Department Chairs, Team Leaders and teachers to integrate the application of information technology into curriculum ,and to develop curriculum based activities that incorporate the appropriate use of information technology.
- New bullet point Keeps abreast of new information technology developments and applies these to curriculum revision, activity and resource development.
- Works collaboratively with administrators and teachers to assess the role and impact of technology integration on learning and teaching.
- Supports teachers and students in the classroom
- Is visible and available to students and teachers during the school day; supports divisional or school evening activities as required of classroom teachers
- Is familiar with the school’s strategic plan, and relevant policy and regulations. Complies with and implements these policies and regulations
- Supports the development and implementation of information technology and digital citizenship curriculum
- Leads and coordinates appropriate information technology integration professional development, training and support for teachers, and staff.
- Performs student supervision responsibilities as assigned.
- Shares the responsibility of interpreting the educational program to the community through such activities as open house, back-to-school nights and parent meetings as needed.
- Seeks to improve his or her competency through participation in the school’s professional growth programs
- Meets regular teacher performance expectations as stated.
- Performs minor hardware and software troubleshooting duties.
- Assists staff and parents with technology related queries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the division principal and/or Director of Technology
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Primary, Prep, & Secondary School
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Teaching and Academics
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Years of Experience
- Min: 1
- Australia; Canada; Georgia; Great Britain (UK); Ireland; South Africa; United Kingdom; United States
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma