The position is responsible for promoting library collections, guiding users on complex literature searches, organizing workshops and outreach activities, and designing curriculum-integrated up-to-date research guides and modules that aid evidence-based learning.
- Undertakes curriculum mapping and collaborates with faculty and library users to ensure course offerings align with program goals and learning outcomes.
- Develops curriculum-integrated, student-driven virtual and classroom teaching sessions, tools, and research guides that facilitate learning through evidence-based practice and research.
- Provides advanced research assistance, reference support and guidance on research citation management and scholarly publication cycle.
- Conducts expert searching and systematic literature reviews and delivers information that meets users’ needs and enables informed decision-making while promoting practices of Open Access, Open Data, Open Science, etc.
- Designs and delivers virtual/face-to-face workshops, information skills sessions and outreach activities to educate users on effectively utilizing the library resources and create awareness of emerging trends and innovative research technologies.
- Curates and maintains library collections in print and digital format to meet academic needs as per the area of specialization.
- Assesses relevancy of library collection, conducts needs assessments, usability testing, and benchmark offerings with best practices and accreditation standards and recommends improvements to optimize workflow and enhance service delivery.
- Actively participates in professional activities and writes publications relevant to the department’s work and/or to the Library and Information Science field.
- Ensures library users and faculty are informed on library matters and innovations in their field of interest
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science or international equivalent with 3-5 years experience in an academic library or clinical research environment.
- Prior teaching experience in information literacy, evidence-based medicine and demonstrated experience in evidence synthesis and scoping reviews is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Integrated Library Systems (ILS), open-access web tools and emerging library technologies.
- Knowledgeable about healthcare, medical education, open access and open science trends.
- Adept at literature searching, indexing, cross-referencing and instructional design methods
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects within demanding timeframes.
- High attention to detail with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to provide a customer-focused service with advanced organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to read, write and speak Arabic is highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Higher Education
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Teaching and Academics
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies