Ensure that quality of food items and packaging material are compliant with specifications.
Provide technical oversight for the Logistics Assistants in Flour Mills (Tallies) and monitor quality measuresfor milling and flour fortification in collaboration with Logistics in respective geographical areas under theguidance of the RBB Food Technologist.
Provide feedback to Logistics (for flour mills) and Procurement (for all other food items) to improve suppliers’ facility structural and equipment deficiencies that may cause food safety and hygienic risks resulting in non- compliance with WFP safety and quality standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
3. Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
4. Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
5. Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialised queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
6. Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
7. Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
8. Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
9. Analyse operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
10. Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
11. Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
12. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
13. Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
14. Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
1.Development of information products such as situation reports, donor reports, bulletins, presentations, meeting minutes, etc.
2.Provide Information Management support to the supply chain unit.
3.Provide Information Management support to the logistics cluster during its activation.
4.Participate and represent logistics working group and/or logistics cluster.
5.Support in development of concept notes for different supply chain interventions, projects, etc.
6.Support in development of MOUs, workplans, action plans, etc. for collaborations with different partners.
7.Support in development of Funding Proposals.
8.Support in development of logistics contingency plans.
9.Support in development of Logistics SOPs.
10.Support in designing different supply chain assessments.
11.Undertake different supply chain assessments.
12.Coordinate and collaborate with different stakeholders and partners for potential collaborations and implementation.
13.Conduct Technical Need Assessment (TNAs) and organize supply chain trainings for partners.
14.Provide technical assistance (supply chain) to partners.
15.Any other task as assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education: Completion of higher secondary school education, preferably supplemented by a University Degree in related functional area (Supply Chain Management, Information Management)
Experience: 6 years’ experience in humanitarian logistics and preferably at least 2 years of experience in Information Management.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
Skills and capabilities:
Fully conversant on Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point(HACCP) principles for food processing plants and wheat flour mills.
Ability to determine necessary parameters to test objectionable food items samples and technicalknowledge to interpret laboratory analysis reports.
Well-developed facility to interact productively with factory and inspection company personnel at all levels including management.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
• Experience in compiling contract documentation.
• Experience in contract execution.
• Experience in budget monitoring and reporting
- Job Location
- Islamabad, Pakistan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Logistics and Transportation
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies