Marketing and Communications Specialist – Middle East, Egypt and Turkey
- POSITION SUMMARY
The marketing and communications Specialist is responsible for organising and managing key conferences, events and exhibitions; branding and communication activities for existing and newly acquired businesses and Joint Ventures; and strategic alignments with key learning institutes and industries to promote Air Products’ capabilities. The role will encompass a range of requirements as we grow our portfolio in the region.
III, NATURE AND SCOPE
This role is important to support the varying MarComms needs within the different business areas within the Middle East (IG MEET, GEMTE, JIGPC, NEOM, Air Products Qudra). The individual will work closely with local leadership, sales, business development, regional functions (HR, EH&S, Finance) and the region’s marketing and global corporate communications team to execute the marketing and communications strategy and planning initiatives for the Middle East, Egypt and Turkey businesses.
V. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
This position is accountable for the following end results:
- Aligning the middle east region with global Air Products marketing
- Translating global corporate communications messaging to a regional level
- Ensuring that all branding of Air Products is used correctly and with consent and that the same message is communicated throughout the region
- All communications for all existing and new JVs, M&A activities and large projects within the region (Jubail, NEOM)
- Increasing the value of the Air Products brand through the organisation and execution of regional conferences / exhibitions and events; coordinating speaker opportunities
- Increasing visibility of Air Products and our capabilities by organising customer campaigns, informative seminars etc
- Developing marketing collateral & materials to engage customers and stakeholders including customer communication / brochures / merchandise; maintenance of all existing sales and marketing channels to support the sales team through tools such as balloonium project, showpad and MyAirProducts
- Updating and improving on regional website with global marketing team, maintaining MEET intranet site and MEET share site and creating social media material and managing strategic use of regional social media channels
- Support and marketing of new applications / business tools as necessary
- Internal Communications – regional newsletter, CorpNews, publications, internal announcements
- External Communications – press releases, presentations for external companies, seasonal and holiday greetings for clients, email signatures
- Product Development –new market research, new potential products / applications, product launches, pricing strategies
- Provide Market Research / Project information to business development team
- Annual budgeting for the region as required
V. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in corporate communications, marketing communications, journalism, or related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of well-rounded experience in corporate communications, marketing communications, public/media relations, and/or related field. Experience in a large, global B2B organization preferred.
- Demonstrated success and proven track record creating and leading integrated communications programs that consistently deliver on objectives.
- Exceptional writing and storytelling ability (including technical writing and editing) and well-versed in Associated Press writing style.
- Self-starter with high initiative and a positive and professional approach to all engagements and tasks.
- Proven ability to strategize and prioritize high-level communications initiatives and work under pressure in a fast-paced and ever-changing global business environment.
- Strong ability to collaborate and partner with colleagues of different cultural backgrounds who are driving projects, technology development and sales in different regions of the world. Ability to multitask effectively, managing multiple projects and executing time sensitive and critical tasks.
- Willingness to travel regionally / internationally periodically, providing communications support for events, projects, and other business needs. Ability to work non-traditional hours to support projects or activities in different regions of the world.
- Job Location
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Heavy Industry & Metallurgy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Marketing and PR
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
corporate communications, marketing communications, journalism