Subsequently, WFP Jordan intends to hire a Self-Reliance / Livelihood Programme Policy Officer to lead on the design, implementation, and oversight of the activities related to:
(i) Analysing the national labour market and building advocacy alliances aimed at creating a more efficient enabling environment.
(ii) Supporting Jordanians and Refugees with integrated livelihood packages aimed at enhancing employment and income-generation opportunities.
(iii) Jointly with UNHCR, managing an Information Management System able to assess and store refugees’ needs, skills, and opportunities.
The selected candidate will be functioning as Activity 4 Manager (Building an interagency two-way referrals systems and an evidence-based advocacy strategy for refugees self-reliance and provide livelihood support package to targeted refugees and vulnerable Jordanians). She/he will report directly to the Strategic Outcome Manager responsible for the Refugees portfolio within Programme Unit.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Sustainability Agenda for Refugees Response
• Proactively support the coordination with UNHCR Jordan on the Joint Sustainable Action Plan, the joint secretariat and to lead on the self-reliance workstream.
• Closely work with WFP staff leading on the provision of humanitarian assistance to Refugees; to ensure close linkages between humanitarian programming and the referral mechanism, advocacy and livelihood activities.
• Contribute to strategic development of linkages between humanitarian assistance and sustainable solutions for refugees, by creating the internal programmatic readiness as well as the engagement with external partners.
Two-Way Referral Mechanism
• Act as the focal point for the two-way referral mechanism for WFP and represent WFP in the livelihood working group and other fora.
• Actively liaise with all potential and interested partners (NGOs, development actors, private sector) to utilise the referral mechanism for their recruitment of project participants/employment opportunities.
• Build new and nurture existing partnerships with other agencies, NGOs, development sector entities and the private sector.
• Promote and advocate for the utilisation of the referral mechanism as well as coordinate the referrals requests jointly with UNHCR.
Data Sharing Agreements
• Support developing templates for data-sharing agreements including supporting the coordination with WFP regional and global experts.
• Support the data-sharing agreement process for WFP, ensuring relevant agreements are in place with participating 3rd parties and in coordination with UNHCR.
• Lead the data analytics (data mining) to identify skills and capabilities of the refugee population that can be translated into evidence-based advocacy messages to stakeholders. Extensive liaise with other relevant WFP units.
• Identify gaps in the data and develop solutions to address them, including but not limited to labour market analysis and data collection exercises.
• Develop advocacy messages based on the results of the collected data, write strategic policy briefs and drive advocacy activities of WFP.
• Coordinate and drive joint advocacy with UNHCR and other actors
Livelihood support package to targeted refugees and vulnerable Jordanians
• Survey programmatic landscape (among others technical and vocational training, skill-building, financial literacy, job-matching, mentorship, incubation and seed-money support and access to user-centred financial services) of livelihood, financial inclusion, start-up and training landscape in Jordan to understand gaps and opportunities for WFP to partner with other organisations.
• Develop an integrated livelihood support package for urban refugees and vulnerable Jordanians with a specific focus on women and youth that addresses identified gaps, to increase their access to employment and income-generation opportunities.
• Set up and lead partnerships for this programme.
• Lead and conduct programme implementation and tracking, including developing the monitoring and evaluation framework under close coordination with WFP Units (M&E, Field Office,…)
• Other relevant activities as required