Working with little supervision from the Principal Investigator (PI), the primary purpose of this role is to assist with the study design, collection and statistical analysis of data, and interpretation & dissemination of results on various epidemiologic studies and analyses.
- Conducts systematic literature reviews and meta-analyses.
- Performs a variety of other statistical analyses. Manipulates, computes, and analyzes data using statistical computer software and develops new analytical methods and testing procedures.
- Prepares and maintains detailed records, logs, and summary reports of all data and statistical analysis charting.
- Assists with epidemiologic study design, study instruments, and protocols.
- Performs sample size calculations and power analyses.
- Prepares drafts of research plans for grant applications.
- Contributes to publishing of research findings in scientific journals and supports presentations at major medical/scientific meetings.
- Assists and contributes to research planning, policies, and procedures development activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as needed in relation to the conduct of epidemiological research.
Education & Experience
- MSc/MPH in Epidemiology and/or Biostatistics with 4 – 5 years of experience in conducting epidemiological and biostatistical research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in using statistical packages and relevant software such as SPSS, Stata, SAS, S-PLUS, or R.
- Ability to communicate proficiently with respect to scientific reports and professional presentations.
- Established record of scientific research and scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Working knowledge of the epidemiology of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Strong problem-solving and reasoning skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work proactively and independently, as well as a team member.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Higher Education
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies