Working with little supervision from the Principal Investigator (PI), assists with study design, conduct of mathematical modelling analyses, and interpretation and dissemination of results on various epidemiologic studies and analyses. May assist in, or oversee tasks, performed by less senior Lab staff. Assists and contributes in research planning, policies, and development activities procedures.
- Assists with mathematical modelling epidemiologic study design.
- Codes mathematical models describing HIV and other infections epidemiology and the impact of HIV and other infections interventions using deterministic models, stochastic compartmental models, and individual-based models.
- Conducts literature reviews and meta-analyses.
- Performs a variety of mathematical modelling and statistical analyses. Manipulates, computes, and analyzes data using computer software and develops new analytical methods and testing procedures.
- Prepares and maintains detailed records, logs and summary reports of all data and analysis charting.
- Prepares drafts of research plans for grant applications.
- Contributes to publishing research findings in scientific journals and supports presentations at medical/scientific meetings.
- Performs other job related duties as needed in relation to conduct of epidemiological research.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or MSc in a quantitatively oriented field such as mathematics, statistics, theoretical physics or related field.
- 5 years of work experience, with softwares such as Berkeley Madonna, Matlab, Mathematica, C or C++, Fortran, Microsoft Office, and Windows.
- Working knowledge of epidemiology of communicable and non communicable diseases desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced computer experience required for data entry and troubleshooting.
- Previously exhibited individual initiative.
- Previously demonstrated advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Previously demonstrated advanced ability to communicate in both scientific written reports and professional presentations
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Work is approximately 30% is computer based, 70% lab based.
- May require extended and varying work hours to meet demands.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs unaided.
- Work may include using chemical substances requiring careful use and the use of protective devices and clothing.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Higher Education
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Research and Development
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies