BIM Manager Roads and Infrastructure in Kuwait
Managing and coordinating BIM standards development, implementation and enforcement on all related BIM projects, files, models, networks and associated IT hardware.
Manages BIM processes within the practice CDE to ensure the Pace design process is delivered and enhanced.
Supporting colleagues with knowledge growth, designing and delivering pertinent software development skills through learning and training.
Perform all essential functions and responsibilities in accordance with Pace’s values and ethos and in alignment with our policies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provides support to the infrastructure and multi-disciplinary design team working at all stages of projects, from inception to completion, in an assured Level 2 BIM environment
- Supports the preparation and coordination of design work and the presentation of projects in a BIM environment
- Supports the preparation and coordination of technical design delivery stages and tender documentation in a BIM environment
SOFTWARE & HARDWARE
- Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating new version releases and customization of the products, in conjunction with the IT and Digital Delivery team.
- Manage the implementation of supporting software for BIM, in conjunction with the IT and Digital Delivery team.
- Support IT team to align hardware requirements with Pace design process within a BIM environment.
- Evaluate new BIM related software and technologies
- Stay informed on best practices for use of integrated BIM software for building design, civil infrastructure, and construction, along with other BIM software.
- Stay informed on various BIM related software and how they work with Revit and Civil 3D.
- Installation and support of related BIM software, in conjunction with the IT and Digital Delivery team.
- Advanced user of AutoDesk software including Revit, Civil 3D and associated plug-ins; working knowledge of other design software (and plug-ins), including Rhinoceros, Enscape, Dynamo and AutoCAD.
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement
- Responsible for ensuring design processes are delivered to an assured Level 2 BIM standard in line with Pace standards and requirements
- Creation and maintenance of the software Template files to assured standards
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions, in conjunction with the IT and Digital Delivery team.
- Automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity.
- Provide quality control for completeness and adherence to company standards of all drawings produced
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards
- Train and oversee the day-to-day activities of the Revit/Civil 3D Specialists, architects, designers and engineers to ensure BIM standards are maintained in the creation of the Revit/Civil 3D models and associated software.
- Be able to develop or contribute to the development of a Pre BEP and Post BEP document in response to client’s EIRs.
- Create written technology evaluations and budgets for future technology adoption that aligns with the corporate goals.
- Provide leadership within the practice’s Digital Delivery Task Force group.
- Report on the practice’s current and projected state in regard to BIM implementation and maturity
- Create Upgrade and Deployment strategies for the design team to reach an assured Level 2 BIM standard
- Assess and evaluate the firm’s current workflow, strategies, budgets, projects, staffing, etc. in conjunction with colleagues
- Create a plan for BIM implementation across projects and within individual projects in line with Pace standards and protocols
- Execute the plan, ensure software is installed, ensure templates are created, liaise with colleagues to ensure training is deployed
- Be able to demonstrate the company’s BIM success by evaluating goals that were established in the plan.
- Provide hardware and network support as it relates to BIM production, in conjunction with the IT team
- Support the BIM technology needs of all studios
- Troubleshoot problems
- Liaison with national vendors, in conjunction with the IT and Digital Delivery team.
- Liaison with corporate technology support staff
- Liaison with software developer support staff and other support channels
- Internal Training: Provide Revit/Civil 3D Fundamental, Intermediate and Advanced level training to staff
- Conduct internal continuing education Revit/Civil 3D (and related software) training sessions.
- Provide technical orientation to New Hires regarding BIM tools
- Maintain a high level of competency of software through continued use and training.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops for BIM; bringing back learning and disseminating the information to appropriate teams
- Support the delivery of project standards in line with Pace protocols
- Assist project teams for strategizing delivery of BIM modelling and detailing
- Assist project teams in BIM project setup
- Create Revit families in response to project needs
- Help resolve BIM design issues
- Coordinate needed hardware upgrades, in conjunction with the IT and Digital Delivery team. Communicate with subcontractors to receive, coordinate and update all electronic models
- Linking BIM to the project Construction Supervision Phase for submittals, construction models, shop drawings and schedules
MARKETING OF BIM SERVICES:
- Support and enhance the marketing of Pace BIM design capability through web, literature, interviews, presenting at relevant client-focused conferences
- Identify future BIM/Revit Architecture Industry initiatives and developments
- Identify trends and business opportunities relating to BIM evaluation and make recommendations regarding BIM software and hardware
LIAISON FOR BIM PROCESS WITH:
- Future planning for potential uses of BIM across Pace disciplines and sectors
- GIS / COBie
- Sustainable Design
- 3D Renderings
- Facilities Management and Asset Information Modelling
- Cost Estimating
- Specification Management
- Integrated Project Delivery
- Digital Prototyping and Digital Fabrication
INVOLVEMENT AND ASSOCIATION WITH INDUSTRY ORGANIZATIONS:
- UK BIM Task Force
- US BIM Forum
- SO standards
- Autodesk University
- AUGI and other international software user groups
- Local User Groups
- Local colleges and universities for future resources
Health, Safety & Environment
- Facilitate the compliance of all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the areas of activity to help guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and delivery of high-quality products/services and a reliable environmental attitude.
- Team player
- Information seeking and ability to evaluate the application of options
- Excellent communication skills & interpersonal effectiveness
- Time management skills
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or accredited technical degree in Civil Engineering / Infrastructure Services Technology or similar
- Accreditation or certification from reputable international associations is preferable and recommended.
- Professional Experience
- 10 -12 years of industry experience in an architect-led design consultancy
- Background in Architectural Design and Technology and Construction Detailing
- Advanced knowledge of relevant software (Civil 3D, Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office 365, Adobe CS)
- Advanced knowledge of all areas of Design Technology (Architecture, Engineering, Landscaping, Interiors, Product etc)
- Knowledge of international BIM standards and industry best practices
- Advanced knowledge of GIS technologies
- Excellent written English skills
- Job Location
- Hawali, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Civil Engineering; Construction & Building; Architecture
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 10 Max: 20
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma