To carry out office duties to support and facilitate the effective operation of the ES Division.
• Performing all aspects of daily attendance and scheduling related to Admin Plus including:
o Recording of student and ES staff absences/tardiness via sign-in attendance sheet
o Communicating with home and the school nurse to ascertain or exchange information pertaining to the absence.
o Updating staff list with new staff names
• Assisting students, parents and faculty with questions, problems etc. as required.
o Writing tardy slips and permit to leave building as needed.
o Contacting parents when necessary
• Answering telephone calls and all connected activities.
• Maintaining Principal’s and Assistant Principal’s electronic calendar and remind principal that pressing items are addressed each day as well as the online leadership calendars.
• Assigning teachers to substitute for absent teacher and keep a running total of times substituted.
• Maintaining the student and staff filing cabinet drawers as well as the teacher mailboxes.
• Relaying messages to classroom teachers.
• Sending memos/letters to parents through the email module in Admin Plus.
o Monitoring the ES email return account.
• Coordinating all aspects of field trips including publishing on staff room calendars the events and making certain administration has included the items on their monthly faculty calendar.
• Updating student contact information as needed on Admin Plus and hard copy.
o Civil ID expiry date, addresses, phone number and emergency contact numbers, application, and copy of passport.
o Following up on custody relations between students.
• Preparing data for the ministry of education regarding the headcount for students and staff by gender and nationality.
• Providing classroom teachers with student contact information and making changes as needed.
• Maintaining data of students and teachers who have left the school.
• Assigning students to homerooms within the database system.
• Printing and distributing report cards to teachers and parents while maintaining accurate files.
o Communicating with the business office to determine the holding of report cards.
• Creating spreadsheets for student information created at the end of the school year by classroom teachers and adding new registered students to the class formation spreadsheet.
o Creating class lists from the annual spreadsheet.
• Coordinating with community relations on the day and place of picture day to prepare schedules for all PK-4 classes and if necessary, scheduling make-up picture day.
• Yearbook duties include verifying names of students, being a liaison between the yearbook team and ES regarding group pictures and distributing orders to classrooms.
• Coordinating with the clinic regarding the time and location of vaccinations to prepare the schedules for PK-4 classes.
• Communicating with the Assistant Principal to coordinate the shipment of international and local orders through the courier and verify them upon delivery.
o Coordinating the ordering and arrival of classroom scholastic book orders by:
Creating and sending letters to parents and teachers.
Insuring accurate exchange rates
Setting up accounts for new teachers through the scholastic website.
Collecting classroom orders and verifying the amount of money handed is correct to deliver to the business office.
Coordinating the shipment through customs and completing the necessary paperwork
Distributing the orders to the classroom once they arrive.
- Versatility with Microsoft Office software packages
- Bilingual – Arabic and English
- Good oral and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Time Management
- Team player
- Job Location
- Hawali, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Primary, Prep, & Secondary School
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,500 – $2,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Gulf Facilities General Trading & Contracting Co. is a corporate business group providing a wide range of trading and contracting services in several fields across the Middle East and North Africa. GFT is headquartered in Kuwait with affiliations and branches in UAE, Qatar, KSA, Lebanon and Libya.
Founded in 1997, GFT was mainly dealing with HVAC systems and mechanical general contracting services but has grown to become a multifunctional organization.
Since the end of the second Gulf War, GFT has been actively involved in construction activities for private and public sectors, executing numerous projects for the Coalition forces and Governments in Kuwait, Qatar, Baghdad, Basra and other Iraqi cities.
Furthermore, GFT has also gained a well-developed expertise in other different sectors including:
health and beauty, food business, construction management, and engineering material wholesale.