- Job Title: Senior Microsoft Cloud Engineer
- Hours: Monday to Friday 4pm-1am
- Location: Amman
- Travel Required: None
Our organization is a fast-growing professional services firm that manages Information Technology (IT) for our clients. Our clients are small and medium businesses that usually range between 5 to 50 employees located in the United States. Our firm acts as the IT department for our clients. As Senior Microsoft Cloud Engineer, you are responsible for onboarding new clients to the Microsoft 365 platform and providing level 2 and level 3 support. This relates to all technology to include workstations, servers, Microsoft 365 platform, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. Typical hours are Monday through Friday from 4 pm to 1 am local time ranging from 40 to 48 hours per week and available for emergencies. Candidates should possess strong problem-solving, analytical and communications skills in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of systems hardware and software.
We are looking for a Senior Microsoft Cloud Engineer to join us as we build cutting-edge technology solutions! You will be the main point of contact and responsible for onboarding new clients to the Microsoft 365 Platform and providing level 2 and level 3 support. This relates to all information technology, to include workstations, servers, Microsoft 365 platform, printers, networks and vendor specific hardware and software.
- Act as the single point of contact for onboarding new clients
- Provide level 2 and level 3 support for our clients and team members
- Documentation of systems
- Setup of the new client’s platform
- Training clients on how to use new platform
- Technical lead on the client cut over to new systems.
- Communicate with clients as required: keeping them informed of onboarding progress, notifying them of updates, schedules and answering questions
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Expert level technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, firewalls, and security
- Expert remote access solution implementation and support
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review
- Execute, manage, and lead clients through the Microsoft 365 Onboarding technical process.
- Assist Microsoft 365 clients with configuration of onboarding tools and processes technology.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively. For example, verbal and/or email communication with others (clients, team members, etc.) to exchange information.
- Make quick, accurate decisions without supervision.
- Ability to run conference call meetings with clients to go over onboarding workbook.
- Update client documentation in our system.
- Enter all work as service tickets into the CRM system.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Work with the other team members to ensure requests are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Responsible for entering time as it occurs
- Understand company processes by completing assigned training materials and blueprints
- On call for after-hours service when required
- Update job knowledge by participating in education opportunities and reading professional publications
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- 3+ years’ experience specific to deploying or supporting Microsoft 365 users.
- Demonstrated IT Administrative Expert working knowledge with Microsoft 365, Office 365, Active Directory, Operating Systems, Networking, Personal Computing Devices.
- Experience with migrations in Exchange and/or migrations and hybrid migrations to Microsoft 365.
- Expert understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Expert level Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Expert understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Servers – Windows Server, SQL, Azure
- Microsoft – Microsoft Enterprise Platform, Microsoft Defender Products, Lighthouse, Sentinel
- Workstations – Windows 10/11 & Mac OS (Operating System)
- Understanding of Solution Design of the Microsoft Azure Environment using the Azure Pricing Calculator
- Expert working knowledge of LAN/WAN technology including TCP/IP
- Experience with and understanding of mail transport fundamentals (POP/IMAP/SMTP) and networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of DNS, Message Trace Tools, MX and SPF Records, Block Lists, SPAM, Email Filtering and Virus Protection
- Experience with configuring mail clients (Outlook or other)
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Exchange Online or other mail systems
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Mobile Device Management and security (MDM)
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA or equivalent experience and training required
- Advanced Microsoft technical certifications
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer-care
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- IT Services
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma