• Lead process engineering support of the Soot Ash Recovery Unit to identify performance gaps, troubleshoot problems, and develop solutions to resolve plant operating issues.
• Provide Process engineering guidance to junior engineers including the review of process calculations, process specs and MOC documentation.
• Provide process safety support, including technical and safety reviews for MOC’s, Hazard Reviews, and RCA’s.
• Support the development and execution of plant modifications projects.
• Establish and maintain compliance with all company and local regulations.
1. Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering with minimum of 10 – 15 years’ relevant experience including support of an operating Soot Ash Recovery Unit and the technical supervision of junior engineers.
2. High proficiency in English speaking and writing.
3. Have a good operating knowledge to understand the requirements of start-up, shut down, and load changes.
4. Balanced multi-discipline understanding in process engineering, DCS controls, process safety and equipment design
5. Process Safety experience, fully understanding the requirements of process safety systems, including relief devices, and safety instrumented systems.
6. Have experience of leading the management of change process for proposed modifications to a design or operating plant.
7. Have experience with managing project process documentation, including P&IDs; functional logic tables; alarm and trip settings; critical safety tables; control strategies; and operating procedures/training manuals through commissioning.
8. Critical thinking skills and problem-solving capability.
9. Effective communication skills and a willingness to seek out cross-functional technical expertise as required, with a proactive approach to problem solving
10. The ability to provide written reports or presentations of technical work to a variety of audiences
- Job Location
- Jizan, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Heavy Industry & Metallurgy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Chemical Engineering
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies