ENIOR UNDERWRITER – CASUALTY – SUMMARY OF ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for an experienced Senior Underwriter to Casualty line of business. This position will report to Head of Non-Energy in General Insurance Division. Responsible for promoting and developing Casualty book of business, process, and concern resolution, as well as issuing basic policies and redirecting non-routine policies to the Head of Non-Energy. The Senior Casualty Underwriter provides operational support by reporting underwriting weaknesses and implementing their corrective actions as well as assessing clients applications fitness. Review all Casualty facultative offers and give instruction in accordance with Casualty underwriting guidelines. Liaise with reinsurance department for setting up proper Casualty reinsurance structure that assist their underwriting. Casualty portfolio forms integral part of General Insurance and comprises of Third Party Liability, Public/Products Liability, Workmen’s compensation, Employers Liability, Directors & Officers Liability, Professional Indemnity and other General Accident insurance policies
SENIOR UNDERWRITER – CASUALTY WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Lead the Casualty Underwriting line of business
- Follow General insurance Division’s Underwriting policies and procedures based on the company’s business plan and objectives.
- Actively Underwrite Casualty portfolio
- Promote, maintain and develop Casualty book of business in a profitable manner
- Provide strategic direction, underwriting control and action for Casualty portfolio
- Assist Head of Non-Energy in financial planning and forecast, management information for Casualty line of business, coordination with claims and reinsurance functions and other departments within Al Koot, meet performance standards etc.
- Promote and develop Casualty book of business
- Set up Casualty Underwriting guidelines to be in line with the company’s plans and objectives.
- Implement approved underwriting policies, processes and procedures
- Put up budget and business plan for Casualty portfolio.
- Review all Casualty RFP and prepare relative submission.
- Examine all Casualty documents, classify and rate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage and pricing.
- Analyze, and process insurance applications within approved limits.
- Respond to customer queries and advise them as required as per underwriting guidelines
- Forward the policies above approved limits to the Head of Non-Energy for review.
- Send and follow-up on policy renewal reminders, as requested by underwriting management.
- Study various insurance proposals through gathering and assessing background information.
- Keep current with latest market evolution and trends.
- Stay abreast of current and changing trends and leading practices in underwriting practices.
- Underwrite allocated renewal cases. Policy retention and pricing in accordance with business plan to be achieved.
- Perform other duties related to the job as assigned by the Head of Non-Energy
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Oil & Gas; Energy & Renewables; Mining & Quarrying
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Years of Experience
- Min: 7
- All Arab Countries