Job Role Description
- The Power Station Manager/Distribution & Transmission directs the Electricity Transmission or Distribution teams by providing technical guidance and actively exploring new solutions, technology and best practices, such as integrating distributed generation sources with the grid, and data analytics. He plans for manpower and deployment based on projected needs, future trends, and new solutions and technologies and also manages the department’s expenditure budgets, and prepares the annual work plan whilst ensuring that they align with organizational needs.
- He operates and maintains Electrical Networks of Plant/Substation, manages issuance and closure of Job Orders. He is responsible for preparation of Operation & Maintenance Plans, & equipment troubleshooting & all requested reports.
- He liaises with external stakeholders, such as local authorities, on safety standards and compliance. He plans emergency response strategies and procedures and oversees emergency responses as a Site Main Controller during emergencies.
- He has good leadership skills to oversee the department and contractors.
- He is detail-oriented and systematic in planning department policies, and has foresight in identifying trends and new solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Align the department with overall organizational and business strategies.
- Align transmission or distribution procedures and policies, including the integration of distributed generation sources, according to safety requirements.
- Establish innovative work safety practices based on industry best practices, according to statutory requirements and procedures.
- Initiate vulnerability assessments on operation systems.
- Lead in the use of data analytics and other innovative technology solutions to aid in grid operations.
- Liaise with external stakeholders on safety standards and compliance.
- Manage the appraisal and performance of the department staff.
- Manage the department’s expenditure budgets.
- Oversee emergency responses in the department as a Site Main Controller.
- Oversee the training and development plans and budget for the department.
- Plan response strategies and procedures.
- Prepare annual work plan for the department.
- Provide technical guidance on network planning, development and management, and the integration of distributed generation sources.
- Interact with main clients to solve the major troubles.
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Electric Power Production & Transmission
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 12 Max: 15
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Electrical Power Engineering