Job holder will provide analytics and contribute to the strategic design of supply chain activities and field supply chain operations, to meet the food assistance needs of the people WFP serves and requirements of internal/external partners.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of supply chain plans and procedures, in line with the global WFP supply chain strategy and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans, to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability and quality.
2. Spearhead supply chain related government capacity strengthening initiatives including contributions to WFP’s efforts to generate evidence to inform national policies on food systems by leading/co-leading on relevant quality research as outlined in WFP’s Country Strategic Plan.
3. Perform analysis and detailed conceptual work putting together comprehensive reports identifying opportunities for improvement and effective operationalization of supply chain within WFP operations and support of capacity strengthening activities within the Country Strategic Plan.
4. In compliance with Global WFP supply chain strategies, policies, procedures, controls and in consultation with national counterparts, propose measures for improving food quality control, food loss prevention, and operational risk mitigation for WFP country operations and in support of national government strategies.
5. Build and maintain productive partnerships at the operational level and collaborate with counterparts in the key supply chain functions contributing to an integrated supply chain approach to food assistance and cross-functional operational alignment.
6. Build and maintain productive partnerships with supply chain counterparts amongst government and other national organizations, UN agencies, NGOs and private sector to share operational knowledge contributing to coordinated and cost-effective supply chain operations.
7. Provide technical contribution to market analysis and supply chain network mapping to inform the selection of appropriate operation modalities to improve supply chain performance.
8. Contribute to planning and implementation of supply chain operations, initiatives and services to ensure a timely, cost-effective and integrated approach in close cooperation with key supply chain stakeholders.
9. Provide regional/country context analysis of end-to-end operational supply chain and retail networks, in support of operational supply chain challenges and operational optimization.
10. Conduct regular financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to senior staff for maximizing use of resources and effectiveness of supply chain operations.
11. Support the monitoring of supply chain activities to check that appropriate internal controls are followed to increase the day-to-day efficiencies and overall performance of supply chain operations.
12. Support management of service providers/vendors, port, fleet and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient planning and execution of WFP operations.
13. Prepare accurate, comprehensive and timely reports, dashboards and other visual materials on supply chain activities including trends to support informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
14. Guide and supervise an effective team, acting as a point of referral, providing training and supporting members with more complex analysis and queries.
15. Contribute to preparedness actions and support quick emergency response to deploy food and resources at the onset of the crisis.
16. Other duties as required.